Monday, August 10, 2009

Building A Pipeline

Well, I'm back after months of extreme grant writing activity. Can you say "stimulus?" I know you can. Just wrote 10 different Federal grants, simultaneously. Phew! Been catching up on my sleep. Now, the question is, where does my next pay check come from? The eternal problem of the freelancer. Could possibly parley the experience into a "regular" job with a firm doing work similar to those I just finished working for, especially since it would seem that there may be quite a bit of work in the energy field (no pun intended) for the foreseeable future. Not willing to relocate, though. Telecommute? Possible. Or, do I have to start where I left off, cultivating local sources, pounding the virtual pavement, so to speak. I'd be interested in anyone who has found themselves in similar circumstances sharing what they've learned about building a pipeline, through which new business flows, so that they do not have to continually re-start their businesses from scratch each time a project is completed.

I will keep you posted as to what I come up with.

1 comment:

  1. My firm is beginning to talk about staffing a position for grant writing, and producing a library of materials that we can offer clients regarding current sources of grant money. We might consider a "telecommunte" arrangement. could you email me at speden@dunaway-assoc.com please?

    ReplyDelete